I bought a slow cooker last year, and only in the last couple months have actually used it. Here is one of the more successful experiments 🙂
A great hearty warming soup and it freezes well. Note it is pretty high in fat, to lower this use light coconut milk instead. Adjust the curry paste and chilli if you like it not-so-hot, or hotter
- 1.00 (402ml) can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli, chopped finely
- 1.00 medium onion, chopped finely
- 220g, Carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly Grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp, Lime juice
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 medium kumura (about 200g), peeled, roughly chopped
Serves: 5 (small bowls)
- Fry up the curry paste, garlic, ginger and onion until soft and fragrant.
Put all ingredients, except a few bits of coriander into the slow cooker, and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Blend together until smooth. (I used a stick blender).
- Serve with remainder of coriander sprinkled on top.